Thursday, April 27, 2006

Getting mentioned on other blogs

I think this is my 13th blog. So thought of finding out who reads my blogs. So far only Dennis Howlett and David Terrar have mentioned my blogging activities on their blogs. Thanks guys. Is there a way to track who reads my blogs? Much appreciated for any help anyone can give. I am still learning "blogging"

Update 1 (17/05/06): To my amazement, this blog has now ranked at 733,456 on Technorati. Some achievement, given I only started blogging last month

5 Comments:

Blogger Dennis Howlett said...

Yes - claim your blog on Technorati, add the Technorati icon code thingy to your sidebar. You already have Sitemeter. You coud maybe try Statcounter. Link anywhere you see relevant posts, comment on other posts you find interesting. That's a start. I drop more comments than I write posts.

1:46 pm  
Blogger Dharmesh Shah said...

I would just watch your SiteMeter referral logs to see where traffic is coming from.

Registering on Technorati doesn't hurt either (but it's not always a comprehensive list of sites that link to you).

2:52 pm  
Blogger David Terrar said...

It matches in with Dennis and Dharmesh's comments, but this guy does it for aliving full time and says: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2005/12/30/three-simple-actions-that-doubled-my-website-traffic-in-30-days

6:15 pm  
Blogger Manoj Ranaweera said...

Thanks guys.

9:25 pm  
Blogger Mike- said...

Check out performancing.com Metics package.It's free and measures all sorts of aspects of your blog.

It's also worth considering writing about other blogs content, and using trackbacks to get links from other sites to yours for free.

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home